Things are going well with my piano teaching. The summers are hectic, but school starts soon and I am hoping to land a few more students for the school year. I am thinking about taking some courses online to improve my musical theory and teaching skills. Chris is still working for TSA in Vegas, but we are hoping that he can transfer to the new airport in St. George next year. I am hoping that we can save for a house in the coming years, but I realized that it is okay if we rent. I thought that owning a house was the next big step, and that is what I have been focused on for awhile. I realized though, that having a house doesn't necessarily create stability. I have seen many close friends and family lose their houses in this crappy economy and I don't want to rush into anything and regret it later.
We are, however, not putting a family on hold. I don't want to wait until I am "ready" for more kids or a family. I want that to be my main focus for the next little while. It doesn't matter if we rent or own a house, we can still have a family wherever we are.
I have to say though, I hope we can stay in Moapa for a long while. Even though it is super hot here right now, I love being here with the people I grew up with. I love my callings in church and I don't want to have to start over in a new ward with people I don't know. I don't make friends too easily, and right now, I need the close friends that I have got.
I also want to publicly apologize to Chris for blowing my top yesterday. I don't often lose it like that, and it seems that even if he had nothing to do with it, he is usually on the receiving end of my tantrums. I don't think I could live without him and I am looking forward to spending some quality time with him on our vacation next month=)
3 comments:
I also have my moments and Tony gets the brunt of whatever makes me angry... whether or not he is the cause of the problem. I thinks it is all part of the marriage agreement... since the moments go both ways.
I hope you are here for awhile too.
ToOdLeS.
Well you know Amber I just thought of one other thing you should do with your time. Write a book. I love this post it was so....flowing. I would read everybook you wrote a hundred times! You should write..do it...even if it is just for me! I heart you kiddo. Go patriots of Ute V. Perkins.
Seriously I am with Krys, you totally need to write a book, you are definitely have a way with words.
Love ya!
Post a Comment