It happened on a quiet afternoon with the sun shining brightly. Kids were out playing in the street, enjoying the cool weather before the summer. Unfortunately, their play was interrupted by the army regulation jeep that came to a stop in front of the small brick house at the end of the road. The kids stopped and watched as a stern looking man stepped from the vehicle. Parents who had been watching their kids, turned to meet the eyes of the neighboring adults with worry. A small sandy haired boy lived in that house. A rambunctious young boy, full of mischief and fun. He was all alone in that house, save for an elderly neighbor woman who was staying with him while his mother was away.
The stern looking man shuffled in his car before removing an item that had the whole street gasping in shock. A blonde haired boy less small than the one whose house the stern looking man was stopping in front of, watched this event with sharp blue eyes. He knew the sandy haired boy. He played with him. He understood that when that stern looking man delivered that item, he wouldn't see his best friend again. For the first time in his short young life, he felt hate. He hated the stern looking man, and his regulation jeep. Hated that he stopped in front of the small brick house at the end of the road. Hated that he knocked on the door and saluted his small sandy haired best friend.
But most of all, the less small blonde haired boy hated that the stern looking man delivered a folded up flag, with medals and ribbons laying on top of it, to the small sandy haired boy who lived in the small brick house at the end of the road.
I'm being brave here people.....I don't like it when people I know read my stuff. This is just a short prologue to a short story I am doing called, My Mom Wears Combat Boots.
4 comments:
That's pretty intense. I likes it!
Love, I want to read more.
Sad Amber! You could have warned me she was dead! I really liked it though. Makes me want to read the rest. :)
Love it! I really really like it. Seriously. Can't wait to read more.
Post a Comment