Friday, August 01, 2008

The Missing Me


So it has been a roller coaster ride this past July. First, the 4th weekend which was really stressful at work but I got past it. Then Rachel came down and hung out with us in Vegas. Well, for any of you who know me, you know that I have a tendency lately to get really stressed and freak out a little. Most of you also know that I have alot of stomach problems. Finally, I listened to the advice of my mom and went to see my doctors. That and the fact that I missed an important work trip because I was freaking out before my flight. So I went to my doctor and he diagnosed me with anxiety and some kind of anxiety depression. He also gave me samples of a medicine that he had me on about a year ago for my stomach. It prevents acid which can cause ulcers. So I have some new medicine that I am trying out. My biggest fear when going to the doctor was that he would tell me it was all in my head and that all I really needed to do was exercise. I know I need to, but when I am stressed all day at work, I am always exhausted when I get home so I thought that it would be a vicious cycle. I was very heartened to learn that he had a battle plan for me. He gave me something to help with the anxiety and whatever the depression was ( I can't remember the name he gave it.) And my favorite heartburn medication.

It was like a whole new life. I haven't felt this good in ages. I can eat something and not get sick two minutes later. I can go out in public and not stress out about the bathroom locations. I hadn't realized how unhappy I had really become in the last couple of months. It has alot to do with work and stress. I have a certain trigger person who can send me from happy to pissed in about ten seconds and I hadn't realized how badly it was until, I had something to help me deal with them. I just want to thank everyone who was so supportive when I was having health problems, and not making me feel guilty for cancelling stuff and being a grump. My only regret was waiting so long to see a doctor and have someone help me through it all. For those of you having a stressful time these days, I urge you to get help from somewhere. Don't let it get to the point of depression and ulcers!! I hope that everyone has an awesome August!!

1 comment:

samantha said...

Hi Amber, I always read your blog but haven't posted a comment yet. I just wanted to say I'm glad things are going well for you. It helps to have an understanding doctor. I hope you have an awesome August!