After
After
Before. Gross, I know.

Before.

So I hope you all enjoy these before and after pictures. This is actually the room that the baby will be occupying when she arrives, and since that could be soon, I decided that I should probably get off of my lazy butt and clean it. And since I have been saying I will clean it for about 3 months, I am happy to announce that I finally did. It all started with work. We had the end of our fiscal year this week, and since I really don't have to do anything for that, I was backup and helping other people get their stuff together. Not that I really minded, but I got a little stressed and then it was freaking hot in the office again, so I was even more cranky. So yesterday I am driving home, exhausted again, and I called Kelly to do something I don't really do. I complained about my marriage and home life. *gasp* I know. I had made a promise to myself never to complain about stuff that I am working on with my husband and to never make him to be the bad guy. I don't believe in husband bashing, because it's totally one sided and unfair. Well, I was whining because I felt like we were in a rut. I couldn't get motivated to clean, and without me motivated, he wasn't either. Well, I made a decision. I got home, didn't say anything about making him clean up, I got out my Zune so I could listen to it while I cleaned, and the next thing you know, Chris is up and about cleaning the living room while I cleaned the second bedroom. I hadn't even said anything! It was amazing. He was even done before me. (I got distracted when I was organizing my books=) I was so happy and I felt tons better about everything. It was so awesome! We even donated 4 bags of clothes to a donation center last night. I know, right, but we haven't cleaned out our closets since we got married. And so we have accumulated so much crap.
That was only two rooms in the house, so I am planning on tackling our bedroom and bathroom today or tomorrow. My back is really hurting me today so I don't know how bending or sitting on the floor will make me feel. It might be tomorrow or Saturday, but I think that with the way we are doing things, we will have a much cleaner house before the baby gets here. It hadn't been this bad before the pregnancy, but I was totally wiped out these past months. So the house had gone to crap. Well this is a really long blog about finally cleaning my gross house. Sorry and I hope I didn't put any of you off of your dinner!!
2 comments:
Yay for cleaning! It looks SO good! I am proud of you. That is definitely the way to get your man to clean is to not mention it and just start doing it. Looks great!
Yay Amber! I knew you could do it! I bet you feel lots better now having that task out of your way. Now all you have to do is have the baby! ;)
Post a Comment