Friday, February 29, 2008

The end of the week....

So I was really looking forward to next week at work. I got a new position and I was hoping to never have to answer the phone again. Well, it turns out that out of the 7 people that were interviewed for my receptionist position, none were what they were looking for apparently. So now, instead of moving to my new desk and getting a person to boss around, I get to do two jobs for the price of one. Yup and there really isn't a chance that the person who used to do my new position can help out, cause she got a new position and she is busy learning that. Yeah, but wait there's more! So instead of starting fresh Monday morning with new interviews, they are going to wait until Thursday to start the process again. But if you all remember, a week from this Monday I will be in Spokane trying to relax. So then the office is going to be short 2 people instead of one. And one of the people left in the office is going to be trying to learn her new position all the while answering phones and playing catch-up. Fun fun fun. Wow, I mean, that is high quality corporate dollars at work right there. I guess I am just mad cause my raise doesn't kick in for a week, and I get to be major busy trying to do two jobs. One job being one that I haven't even been trained for. Super. Just ranting cause I wanted to have a relaxing week next week before my vacation.
I guess the only good thing on the horizon, is tomorrow I get to see my new baby niece for the first time! Counting down the hours!!

1 comment:

JTYARDLEY said...

Hey Amber hope that you have a good trip! Sounds like you need a break from work. It's not fair that they treat you that way.