Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Week....

Just an update. I have pretty much let everyone know already that at this point in the pregnancy, Aubry has decided that she would rather be sitting up instead of facing down like she is supposed to. So, because she is breech, the doctor has scheduled me for a C-Section a week from today. Kinda lame. I was actually looking forward to the surprise of the baby and going natural. I was disappointed, but the doctor said that she doesn’t have any room to move around and that she won’t flip. But she is about 6 ½ pounds at this point, which is a good weight. So, May 20th, I will go in and get a spinal tap and get cut open, then be on my way. From what everyone is telling me, a planned C-Section is way easier to recover from than an emergency C-Section that happens after hours of labor. We will see I guess. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. I am not sure what will happen after the C-Section or how I will be feeling. I didn’t read or study up on the C-Section because I honestly didn’t think I would be getting one. I mean, after all of the tests and knowing that she was fine, I didn’t even consider that she wouldn’t be positioned correctly. Her head is right under my ribs, which is probably why I am out of breath all of the time.

Other than the bad positioning of the baby, things are looking well. I need to clean my kitchen like there’s no tomorrow still, but our house is basically baby ready. I am even packed for the hospital. Me and Chris talked about it, and though we are sad that we don’t get to experience the rush of a regular delivery, we are glad to know when she is coming. I like to be prepared for stuff and it helps to know. We washed all of her clothes and we washed the bedding in her bassinet. Now we just need to keep the kittens from playing in her room. They like to play in her bed when we are in her room, so we have been trying to keep them from getting their fur everywhere. We finally found our camera (under the bed) and so now I can take some pictures and post them of her room. It’s not fancy at all, but I really like it.

I have one week left to act like a kid myself, then I have to grow up=)

1 comment:

Krysta and Zac said...

I love this post! You are sooo awesome! Guess what I get to see you in a week!!! and you will have a cute little baby! Oh I might just die if the time doesn't go faster! I heart you to the max. Can't wait to see you!


PS can you tell I am just dying to see you!!!!!