Thursday, August 13, 2009

Twelve Weeks

Aubry is twelve weeks old today. What a ride. In fact, I can't believe that she is almost 3 months old. I hope that soon she will sleep through the night and at least start being able to take naps by herself. Some of the milestones that she has hit have been to smile at everyone, she can lift her head and shoulders up off the ground in "tummy time" and she has awesome neck control. My mom got her a swing and it has been really helpful. When she is not crying I just put her in that and get stuff done. She is in it right now!! I had a couple of rough days when we were trying to sleep train her better, but then I decided that I would ease into it. She is still small and we have plenty of time.


Last week we went camping with the Godfrey Clan and had an amazing time. Aubry did so well and loved being outside. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because I was holding her alot and then sleeping alot, but I did catch some of the family trying to dam the river so they could swim. Too bad the water was freezing. We also picked fresh raspberries and put them in our pancakes. It was so yummy!! I had tons of fun, but now we are getting our house put back together after tearing it apart packing. And a big announcement, we are definitely moving to Boise by October 13th. Sad, but true. We will miss Southern Nevada but not the heat.

The dam that they worked on.
Aubry's long sleeve onesies that I bought for the trip.
Chris made Aubry hug Chaos.
Leah and Aubry at the campout.
Mark, Chris, Craig, Laura, Jared working on the dam.


I will keep everyone posted on our moving situation and how Aubry is on learning to fall asleep by herself. So far so good. My first goal is to put her down next to me and have her fall asleep that way, instead of on my shoulders. Wish me luck!!



4 comments:

Krysta and Zac said...

I really hope all goes well with getting Aubry to sleep. It is hard but so worth it. Good luck and i can't wait to help you move to Boise. Did you guys find work or is Chris starting school. Let us know every little detail!

Lara said...

Oh my goodness. I just love Aubry to pieces, she is so dang cute! I am SO mad and sad that you are leaving....(tears) but I will survive. Looks like you guys had an awesome time with Chris family! I can't wait to go camping in September, I need to get out of the house! Call me and come hang out soon!

ShEiLa said...

Amber, congrats on your announcement that you are leaving the heat. I would if I could but the job is here. Sounds like your baby girl isamazing. It is fun watching your child learn and progress and discover... enjoy!
ToOdLeS.

Riss said...

She is a cutie. Good luck on the sleeping thing. Sounds like you got a cuddler. She is growing so fast. They do that, the little stinkers.