Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The New Daddy

I have to tell you this story. It was so cute and sweet, it made me fall in love with my husband all over again. Sometimes Aubry cries and we don't know why. All part of raising kids, I suppose. Well at times, both me and Chris can become rather frustrated. Wishing to rid ourselves of an uphappy child (returning her to the hospital is not an option apparently=). But in those not so rare instances now, where she is smiley and happy, we find ourselves loving her and remarking about how freakin' cute she really is.

The other day I had Aubry asleep on the couch, laying there all cute like. Chris comes in and observes her for a moment, always checking to make sure she is breathing (it's cute that he worries=). When he looked at me and said, "Sometimes I get so frustrated with her, but then when I see her just sleeping there looking cute, I can't be mad at her at all." It was so cute the way he said it. I, of course, knew that as she gets older he will most likely always be a push over, cause she is in fact a, daddy's girl=) I love them both and hope that they will always be close.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

It is so hard to figure out what makes a new baby content... if they could tell us the problem... that would help. So it's kind of trial and error.

I also agree it is so very easy to love a sleeping baby...

My Mother taught me all about controlled crying. She said you remain controlled while the baby is crying.

If it makes you feel any better. Celestial was a tough baby. I survived and you will too.

ToOdLeS.