Monday, July 20, 2009

Sleep Deprived

Ren and Krysta were visiting this week.
She was so much fun and Aubry loved her.
Classic Aubry look. Wide-eyed and smirking.
I leaned her up in my chair and this is how she settled.

Chris was trying to get her to sleep. Him first.

Yeah, I know that when you have kids you no longer sleep good. But what I didn't realize is that Patience feeds off of sleep. So when I have no sleep, I have no patience. And patience is essential for raising kids. I hate feeling grumpy and irritable, especially towards poor Aubry who isn't at fault. I also hate snapping at poor Chris, who is just an innocent bystander, mostly. Hopefully, this weekend when we are in Boise and Idaho Falls to visit family, I can get a better nights sleep and be a little calmer. Then in about another week, we get to go camping with the Godfrey clan. I am so excited for that. I have been waiting for 3 years to get to go back again. Finally, circumstances are favoring us and we can go. We bought Aubry some warm pajamas and a jacket today, because we are camping in Montana.

Aubry is still not sleeping the best. She likes to sleep on me, but I have stuff to do and can't hold her all the time. When I set her down she usually wakes up and then fusses. And it seems that when she falls asleep laying down she doesn't sleep as long. Grrrgh. Hopefully, we can make sleeping on her own a routine shortly. I don't want to be a glorified mattress for the next year.

Well, I have a bet going with my brother in law Neil. They weight their new baby on Friday at 8 pounds 1 Ounce and if she is bigger than Aubry, who gets weighed tomorrow, then Neil owes me Coldstone. But if Aubry is bigger, then I owe him Coldstone. Wish me and Aubry luck!!!

6 comments:

McKette said...

hey, have you tried swaddling her in a blanket?

ShEiLa said...

good luck at weigh-in.

Also I saw Krysta & Ren from a distance at church on Sunday... I wished I had given them a hug... but the meeting was about to start.

Cute photos.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. I know how what sleep deprivation feels like... no fun at all. YOU also are right about the patience issue. Hang in there!

Lara said...

I love the picture of Aubry and Chris, it is too cute! Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. I hope she is a good size, but I am pretty sure that Rylee is bigger. Unfortunately I have no idea where Neil is going to get the money to buy you Coldstone...hmmm..guess that is his problem!

JTYARDLEY said...

Good Luck with the sleeping. Josie actually slept in her bouncer for the first 4 and a 1/2 months of her life. She was happy and so was I!

Sunny said...

Amber! I just ran across your blog so I thought I would say hi. I am glad I ran into you.

Your baby girl is cute. I like her eyes in the last picture.

Sunny (Doty) Blake